In my most recent videos you can see there are captions! The first time I saw this in Señorita Smith’s videos on Instagram I absolutely FLIPPED! I messaged her immediately for a tutorial, understanding that this would probably be a LOT more work than just recording and uploading a video… I mean… typing everything I say? phew… but guess what!? She shared this app with me and it does it all FOR YOU!!!
Check it out! Here is my Momentos con Maestra #12:
As you can see… you can change the text font and size too!
The most important thing I’ve found is that you need to speak slowly and clearly for it to pick up what you’re saying accurately… If you do, it will even include accents correctly! The one thing I have to do is go in and add ! and ¡ and ¿ and ? and even those sometimes don’t always work…
If you don’t have an iPhone, I’ve been told AutoCap is the same thing for Android phones but I’ve never tried that. If you have an iPhone you’ll have to get it from the App store. Disclaimer… it is $5 but I honestly think it is SO worth it if you’re making videos for your students… Here is a tutorial if you want the step by step instructions, or if you’re pretty good at figuring stuff out on your own you may not want this:
- Open the App Clipomatic… it is pink and looks like this:
- Select the language you want to record in up at the top, it looks like this:
3. Select if you want the video you record you “full” or square size (square size is better for Instagram otherwise do full….)
4. Select the style/font of text here….
5. Record your video with the big red button
6. After recording, push the play button to see the text….
7. If it typed something wrong simply touch the words:
8. It will open a screen with the words typed line by line… Edit the ones you don’t like by clicking and re-typing. When you’ve finished push “done”
9. When you’ve checked all the text just hit save and it will allow you to upload it somewhere or save to your phone!
YAYYY you did it!
If you want to record more than 60 seconds, just record multiple videos and use my OTHER fave app (SPLICE) to put them all together! Read here for how to use Splice.
UPDATE: this is what happens if you forget to put the subtitles to Spanish…
I hope you love this as much as I do and if you’re not an iPhone user I hope that AutoCap works really well too!
Stay positive, stay upbeat, stay solutions oriented, stay healthy, stay sane…
Much love and happy teaching,
La Maestra Loca